If you would like to be an active part of your community’s growth and revitalization, check out the following ideas.
- Choose a family “energy watchdog” to shut off lights, television, and dripping sinks when not in use.
- Switch your current Internet home page to an energy-saving one, such as Google’s “Blackle”, and turn down the computer screen brightness level as well. (It’s unhealthy for both the environment and your eyes.)
- Create a children’s nature garden. Create a path, label plants and trees, and schedule guided tours.
- Purchase recycled products as opposed to generic ones.
- When buying food or drinks of any kind, it is better to stick to a large jug or tub as opposed to a collection of individually packaged goods.